IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR AN AWARD UNDER THE WOSB FEDERAL CONTRACTING PROGRAM THE FOLLOWING MUST BE MET AT TIME OF BID OPENING:
4 Steps to participate in the WOSB Federal Contracting Program:
- Register in the System for Award Management (SAM.gov).
Note: Your SAM.gov
registration status must be “Active” for at least 24 hours in order for the
records to be available in certify.SBA.gov.
- Create a new user account
at certify.SBA.gov. You will be prompted to create a UserID and a
passphrase. Log onto SBA’s certify.SBA.gov.
Once you log into the system, you will be required to associate your business’s
information with the UserID that you just created. In order to associate your
new account with the information and documents from the old system, you will
need to input the following information – this information should exactly
match your record in SAM.gov:
- Your primary DUNS number
- Your Marketing Partner ID Number (MPIN) number (see below for further information)
- Your Taxpayer
Identification Number (TIN) number (may be your Social Security Number (SSN) or
Employer Identification Number (EIN))
Please make sure that *all* information appears exactly as it does in your SAM.gov profile (e.g. no dashes or spaces). The MPIN is case sensitive.
MPIN is a personal code that you created while registering in SAM.gov. To view
your company’s MPIN:
- Go to the SAM.gov
- Enter your user ID and password, then click the “Log In” button.
- View the Business
Information Page to locate your MPIN.
you had already created an account in the legacy Woman Owned Small Business
Program Repository (decommissioned on March 23rd, 2016), you will be prompted
to associate the documents from the legacy system or upload new ones as you are
completing the Certify.sba.gov questionnaire(s).
- You may initiate the
process by clicking the link from the Dashboard to begin your
self-certification or provide your TPC certification.
- If it is your first time registering in the new certify.sba.gov system, you will be able to upload new documents as you are completing the questionnaire(s).
- You will not be able to upload additional documents once you click on the “Submit” button. If you need to add documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail) and request that your account be released.
- You are no longer required to upload SBA Form 2413 (WOSB), 2414 (EDWOSB) or 413 (EDWOSB) as the forms are incorporated in the certify.sba.gov questionnaire(s).
- If you are certified by one of the four SBA-approved TPCs, you are required to upload to certify.sba.gov a copy of the original TPC certification letter and the current certification. You are not required to upload any other documents.
- If you are an active
participant in the SBA 8(a) Business Development Program, you are required to
upload the original letter of certification and the most recent Annual Review
letter. You are not required to upload any other documents.
- Once you have uploaded all required documents, update your profile in the System for Award Management as a WOSB or EDWOSB. Please note that EDWOSB is a subset of WOSB. As such, all EDWOSBs are WOSBs but not all WOSBs are EDWOSBs.
THIS INFORMATION WAS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM THE SBA WEBSITE. (https://www.sba.gov/contracting/government-contracting-programs/women-owned-small-businesses/what-you-need-know-if-you-are-women-owned-small-business)